Project Manager (for Houn and Samoui district)
Based in Samoui district, Saravan province
Improved access to health services for women, infants and young children Project
Community Health and Inclusion Association (CHIAs) is partnership with Plan International in Laos for Improved access to health services for women, infants and young children Project in Houn district (Oudomxay province) and Samoui district (Saravan Province). The project is funded by Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, Germany through Plan International Germany (GNO) under FAD LAO100117
Therefore, this position (project manager (PM)) will take full responsibility for Improved access to health services for women, infants and young children Project in Samoui district, Saravan Province and Houn district , Oudomxay province to ensure the project meet the goal.
Roles and Responsibilities
- This position Project Manager (PM) is under the supervision of CHIAs Director
- This position is manage 4 staffs (Community District Facilitator (CDF) based in Samoui district, Community District Facilitator (CDF) based in Houn district, Finance -admin Assistant (FA) based in Samoui district, Finance -admin Assistant (FA) based in Houn district).
- PM will play the important role on leadership and management project
- Oversee renovate/improving WASH infrastructure in target villages (supported by the project engineer).
- Responsible, in consultation with CHIAs Director, finance unit also support from Plan International in Laos (PIL) for financial and project cycle management of then project to align with CHIAs and PIL policy/regulations
- Lead to conduct meetings, trainings, workshops, and in other forums if requested.
- Oversee the implementation and monitoring of project activities in the province and make sure that the activities are implemented on time and in compliance with approved plans and with respective grants’ conditions and requirements.
Duties and Tasks
- Project Coordination
- Coordinate with all relevant partners such as Saravan Provincial Health Department (PHD), Samoui District Health Office (DHO), Houn DHO, Oudomxay PHD as well as district authorities, village authorities, health centres, Plan International in Laos, and other relevant development partners;
- Represent CHIAs to attend all relevant meeting and workshop as required;
- Create a good relationship with all relevant partners, and donors;
- Coordinate with all relevant CHIAs staffs to support and assist other internal projects.
- Project Setting
- Assist in seeking and recruiting all relevant project staff as needed;
- Study the project proposal, budget plan, work plan and logical framework;
- Prepare all project documents for project implementing, advocacy/inception workshop, meetings;
- Lead to organize the project advocacy/inception workshop;
- Find the way to advocate the authority to sign MOA/MoU/agreement for the project for Samoui and Houn district;
- Lead to make the clear project work plans for relevant partners;
- Capacity Building
- Conduct on the job training for all relevant staffs and partners as required;
- Organize relevant training to all relevant staff and partners to improve the quality of project implementation.
- Project Supervision
- Work with CDFs and FAs to effectively implanting the project activities
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization of the resources allocated to the projects and make sure proper spending based on CHIAs policies/regulations/ procedures and donor conditions.
- Ensure that the monitoring framework and system are implemented on a regular and consistent basis and findings are used to inform subsequent plans
- Track the project progress and work with CHIAs team and PIL (Public health and Nutrition programme (HNPN) team) to take corrective measures if required.
- Ensure all relevant staffs and partners making the monthly, quarterly, annual work plan and budget plan in line with project proposal and according to MoA/MoU
- Oversee the project activity implementation at all levels;
- Provide guidance and support for project implementation and assist in solving all relevant problems;
- Conduct the field activity at the provincial, district and community level as required;
- Review and approve monthly project work plan of the supervisees and ensure they are in line with work plans and project priorities
- Technical Assistance
- Lead to design training/workshop related to the project plan and issues;
- Organize any relevant workshop/conference/meeting at the central and provincial level;
- Assist in facilitating the relevant training and meeting of the project as planned;
- Assist in formulating all high level document e.g. regulation, policy, strategy, etc as required;
- Assist in creating CHIAs video clip, social media, news, etc as required;
- Assist in drafting all relevant CHIAs policies, procedures, guidelines and manual as required.
- Project Advocacy
- Formulate Advocacy Plan with project implementers;
- Provide a technical aspect on advocacy campaign to all relevant project counterparts;
- Disseminate all relevant project information e.g. result, data, etc to the authorities.
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Follow up data collection with the project staffs and all relevant partners;
- Organize and facilitate the evaluation trip as needed;
- Prepare shooting video for some activity while conduct monitoring and evaluation for field visit;
- Monitor, and evaluate project activities versus project objectives.
- Regularly check and analyze the project data and progress.
- Support the program baseline study, mid-term review and end term evaluations, including end line data collection, and address findings and recommendations
- Work with CHIAs team to prepare MoU/MoA for the project and processing approval. Ensure the project has up-to-date MoUs signed, maintained or amended with the government counterparts
- Project Reporting
- Regular update the progress of project implementation to supervisor;
- Prepare narrative report as well as budget report with all required supporting document to submit to Donor or Funder based on the requirement and CHIAs procedure;
- Keep and organize all reports, information on the project for easy accessing;
- Preparing all relevant Reports and submit to CHIAs Director.
- Apply local thought
- Always seek the local thought from the local authority;
- Apply all suitable local thought in the project implementation to make it successful and go smoothly;
- Perform any task as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Gained through education, training, & experience
Knowledge and experience
- Degree in relevant field (health, social sciences, nurse, medical doctor, etc.)
- Knowledge of behaviour change communication on WASH, Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition.
- Experience in project management, including planning, budgeting and reporting
- Experience of working with NPA’s and/or INGO’s.
- Understanding of Laos development context, specifically relating to CSOs
- Ability on communication in English. Knowledge of an ethnic minority language an advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience in participatory community development with international organizations
- Demonstrated strong skill on project management
- Demonstrated strong skills in capacity building and coaching for local staff and partners
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Good facilitation skills
- Demonstrated skill to conduct meetings, training and workshops for project
- Demonstrated on MoU/MoA management
- Good communication, diplomacy, negotiation
- Good computer skills in Office applications
- Excellent listening skills and working under pressure
- Good skill on project report both Lao and English
- Demonstrated skill mainstreaming gender and inclusion to the project implementation
- Excellent representation, negotiation and liaison skills, and capacity to communicate in a cross cultural context
- Experience on project monitoring and evaluation
- Willing to work as a team
- Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organization for all children, girls & young people
- Willing to try new ways of working and explore new models, when confronted with challenges
- Willing to work in a large team and travel frequently to remote and isolated districts and villages
- Demonstrated commitment to gender equity, social inclusion and participatory approaches
- Diplomacy and a long term, forward thinking approach to working with government partners
- Leads from the front technically and sets positive examples for the team
- Openness to different ideas/attitudes
This position is based in Samoui district, Saravan Province.
To perform the tasks well, this position requires a person who is able to stay and travel to the district and the remote areas in Samoui district, Saravan province and Houn district , Oudomxay province.
She/he will report to CHIAs Director.
Level of Contact with Children: High level
Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction
Mid contact: Occasional interaction with children
High level: Frequent interaction with children
Expectation of your Child Protection/ ຄວາມຄາດຫວັງຂອງອົງການ ກ່ຽວກັບການປົກປ້ອງເດັກ
- Read, understand and comply with the Child Protection policy and Local Procedure/ອ່ານ, ເຂົ້າໃຈ ແລະ ປະຕິບັດຕາມນະໂຍບາຍການປົກປ້ອງເດັກ ແລະ ແລະ ຂັ້ນຕອນການປົກປ້ອງເດັກພາຍໃນລະບຽບການທ້ອງຖີ່ນ.
- Seek any clarifications you may have related to the policy/ສອບຖາມຕື່ມ ເພື່ອໃຫ້ຕົນເອງເຂົ້າໃຈແຈ້ງກ່ຽວກັບນະໂຍບາຍ
- Report any Child Protection Issues to CHIAs immediately (within 24 hrs). – Reporting must be done to a manager/Country Child protection Focal Point/ຕ້ອງລາຍງານທຸກຯບັນຫາກ່ຽວກັບການປົກປ້ອງເດັກ (ພາຍໃນ 24 ຊົ່ວໂມງ). ຕ້ອງລາຍງານໃຫ້ຫົວໜ້າສາຍງານ ຫລື ຜູ້ຮັບຜິດຊອບວຽກປົກປ້ອງເດັກຂອງສະມາຄົມ
Expectation of Gender Equality/ຄວາມຄາດຫວັງຂອງອົງການກ່ຽວກັບຄວາມສະເໜີພາບດ້ານບົດບາດຍິງຊາຍ
- Contribute to an organizational/project culture that promotes gender equality/ ປະກອບສ່ວນເຂົ້າໃນການເຜີຍແຜ່ຄວາມສະເໜີພາບດ້ານບົດບາດຍິງຊາຍຂອງອົງການ/ໂຄງການ
- Demonstrates positive attitudes towards gender equality at all time both in their professional and private lives/ສະແດງໃຫ້ເຫັນທັດສະນະດ້ານບວກກ່ຽວກັບຄວາມສະເໜີພາບດ້ານບົດບາດຍິງຊາຍ ທັງໃນເວລາເຮັດວຽກ ແລະ ໃນຊິວິດປະຈຳວັນ
- Avoid gender stereotypes and sexist language in the workplace, and never engages in any form of gender – based violence/ຫລີກລ້ຽງກ່ຽວກັບການນຳໃຊ້ ຄຳສັບ ສຽດສີທາງເພດ ແບບບໍ່ເໝາະສົມໃນສະຖານທີ່ເຮັດວຽກ ແລະ ບໍ່ໃຫ້ກ່ຽວຂ້ອງກັບທຸກຮູບແບບຕໍ່ຄວາມຮຸນແຮງດ້ານບົດບາດຍິງຊາຍ.
📌 How to Apply: Interested individuals can submit their applications by sending a cover letter along with a resume or CV, graduation certificate (including grades), and any relevant work certificates via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can visit the office of Community Health and Participation Association (CHIAs) located at Nongbon Village (in front of the Japanese Embassy), Chaisetha District, Vientiane Capital.
➡️ Application Submission Details: Documents will be accepted during office hours from 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM in the morning and from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM in the afternoon. The application window opens on 9/09/2023 and closes on 25/09/2023. Only candidates meeting the interview criteria will be contacted.