GDA is looking for a project officer based in Vientiane Capital, with travel to project sites (Oudomxay and Khammouan Province). The Project Officer works closely with the Project Manager and takes a leading role in ensuring successful project implementation. This includes the collaboration with the government partners (Lao Women Union in provincial and district levels) and target communities as well as other stakeholders: INGOs, and Lao CSOs. This position will carry out the activities related to increasing the economic agency of young women through sustainable and inclusive approaches to local economic development and improving the enabling environment for gender equality through advocacy and exchange of learning. The promotion of women and child rights and gender mainstreaming in the action are also priorities.
- Lead the project implementation and ensure all activities are implemented as planned.
- Work closely with the project team and government counterparts to prepare and update the project activity work plans and oversee the logistical matters for project implementation.
- Support team in day-to-day activities, particularly, focusing on the project implementation; identifying barriers to their work and resolving challenges.
- Participate in monthly meetings with the project staff to report on the project’s progress, challenges, lessons learned, and solutions to problems. Attend meetings/events and do additional tasks as required.
- Participate in GDA staff meetings to share best practices, project management skills and other knowledge obtained from the project and support other GDA activities.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the GDA Communication Officer to prepare materials for project activities and publish the visibility materials for the projects and GDA.
- Support the effective monitoring and evaluation of projects and donor compliance.
- Carry out the weekly and monthly work plan in consultation with the GDA team.
- Write activity reports and update the project activity implementation to the Project Manager, GDA Program Coordinator /Director, or Donors as required.
- Write quarterly and six-monthly reports based on quarterly and six-monthly plans to GDA’s Line Manager/Director according to the reporting timeframe.
Desired Qualifications and Key Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in political science, economics, international development, gender studies, law, social science, or relevant field.
- Strong inter-personality and excellent skills in coordinating, communicating, facilitating and convincing groups/audiences.
- Experience and knowledge of project cycle management approaches.
- Demonstration of experience in implementing activities and managing projects.
- Knowledge of gender, gender-based violence and related issues.
- Experience in working with a team and in supporting staff.
- Good skills in drafting reports and other documents.
- Experience in working with NPAs, INGOs.
- Understanding local languages (e.g., Hmong, Khmu) is highly regarded.
Submit your complete application by no later than 16 July 2023, including a CV (with 2 referees) and a letter of motivation. Applications must be submitted by e-mail only and as PDF files to email: email@example.com, cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, in title: Application – GEVEE Project officer. The only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.