Samoui Community District Facilitator (CDF)
Based in Samoui district, Saravan Province
Improved access to health services for women, infants and young children Project
Project Manager (for Houn and Samoui district)
Community Health and Inclusion Association (CHIAs) is partnership with Plan International in Laos for Improved access to health services for women, infants and young children Project in Houn district (Oudomxay province) and Samoui district (Saravan Province). The project is funded by Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, Germany through Plan International Germany (GNO) under FAD LAO100117
Therefore, this position Samoui Community District Facilitator (CDF) will take full responsibility for Improved access to health services for women, infants and young children Project in Samoui district, Saravan Province to lead technical project implementation to ensure the project meet the goal.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Samoui CDF will play the important role on technical to support on promotion WASH , MNCH and Nutrition to the project implementation
- Implement capacity assessments and capacity building processes to district working team (government partner staffs) by technical support from CHIAs technical staffs and Plan International in Laos (PIL) team .
- Facilitate ongoing reflection and learning for staff and partners on project quality.
- Identify support needs and provide tailored support and guidance for staffs and partners.
- Identify and document good practices and case studies for shared learning and scale up.
- Assist in updating the technical design, guidelines and approaches to reflect the experiences and lessons from the field.
Duties and Tasks
- Project Coordination
- Coordinate with all relevant partners such as Saravan Provincial Health Department (PHD), Samoui District Health Office (DHO), as well as district authority , village authority and health centres level, Plan International in Laos, and other relevant development partners;
- Represent CHIAs to attend all relevant meeting and workshop as required;
- Create a good relationship with all relevant partners, and donors;
- Coordinate with all relevant CHIAs staff to support and assist other internal projects.
- Project Setting
- Assist in seeking and recruiting all relevant project staff as needed;
- Study the project proposal, budget plan, work plan and logical framework;
- Assist project manager and CHIAs staffs prepare all project documents for project implementing, advocacy/inception workshop, meetings;
- Assist project manager to organize the project advocacy/inception workshop;
- Assist project manager to find the way to advocate the authority to sign MOA/MoU/agreement for the project;
- Assist to make the clear project annual work plan for relevant partners;
- Capacity Building
- Together with CHIAs technical staffs and /or Plan International in Laos (PIL) team deliver training on Community Led-Total Sanitation(CLTS), CLTS Plus, SBCC packages, etc to District working team, village volunteers to improve their capacity to maximize integrated MCH , WASH and Nutrition impact on the first 1000 days of life, based on PIL and update guideline from MoH training materials
- Assist in identifying and analyzing gaps in knowledge, capacity and practice on intended areas of change among health staff and recommend areas where project can support capacity development of district working team as well as related government partner staffs.
- Conduct on the job training for all relevant staffs and partners as required;
- Organize relevant training to all relevant staff and partners to improve the quality of project implementation.
- Project Implementation
- Preparing Project work plan and update project budget to Project Manager
- Work with Project Manager to effectively coordinate with WASH, MNCH & Nutrition projects in district and provincial level
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization of the resources allocated to the projects and make sure proper spending based on CHIAs policies/regulations and procedures and donor conditions.
- Ensure that the monitoring framework and system are implemented on a regular and consistent basis and findings are used to inform subsequent plans
- Submit monthly, quarterly, annually reports to PM per project requirement
- Facilitate village level activities such as CLTS , CLTS plus, post Open Defecation Free (Post ODF) session, Gender and Inclusion activities together with District working team
- Conduct the field activity at the provincial, district and community level as required;
- In coordination with the PM, CHIAs staff (and PIL, Public Health and Nutrition Propgramme (PHNP)), develop annual plans, quarterly and monthly work plan in line with project proposal
- Assist in taking photo during the meeting/workshop/training/events as required;
- Assist to organize any relevant workshop/conference/meeting at the central and provincial level;
- Assist in facilitating the relevant training and meeting of the project as planned;
- Assist in formulating all high level document e.g. regulation, policy, strategy, etc. as required;
- Assist in creating CHIAs video clip, social media, news, etc. as required;
- Assist in drafting all relevant CHIAs policies, procedures, guidelines and manual as required.
- Project Advocacy
- Assist to Advocacy Plan with project implementers;
- Provide a technical aspect on advocacy campaign to all relevant project counterparts;
- Assist to disseminate all relevant project information e.g. result, data, etc to the authorities.
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Update project related data and submit to PM
- Regularly check and analyze the project data and progress.
- Support the project baseline study, mid-term review and end term evaluations, including end line data collection, and address findings and recommendations
- Assist PM to prepare MoU for the project included MoU/MoA management as government partner require
- Project Reporting
- Regular update the progress of project implementation to supervisor;
- Prepare narrative report as well as budget report with all required supporting document to submit to Donor or Funder based on the requirement and CHIAs procedure;
- Keep and organize all reports, information on the project for easy accessing;
- Assist in preparing all relevant reports and submit to PM.
- Apply local thought
- Always seek the local thought from the local authority;
- Apply all suitable local thought in the project implementation to make it successful and go smoothly;
- Perform any task as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Gained through education, training, & experience
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in relevant field (health, social sciences, nurse, etc.)
- Knowledge of behaviour change communication on CLTS, SBCC package, Maternal and Child Health, Nutrition.
- Experience on implementing project related to WASH, MCH and Nutrition
- Experience in project implementation, including planning, budgeting and reporting
- Experience of working with NPA’s and /or INGO’s
- Understanding of Laos development context, specifically relating to CSOs
- Knowledge of an ethnic minority language an advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience on project implementation in district level
- Demonstrated strong skill on SBCC on WASH, MCH and Nutrition in village level
- Demonstrated strong skills in capacity building and coaching for local staff and partners
- Good facilitation skills
- Demonstrated skill to conduct meetings, training and workshops for project
- Good communication, diplomacy, negotiation
- Good computer skills in Office applications
- Good listening skills and working under pressure
- Good skill on project report in Lao
- Demonstrated skill mainstreaming gender and inclusion to the project implementation
- Experience on project monitoring and evaluation
- Willing to work as a team
- Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organization for all children, girls & young people
- Willing to try new ways of working and explore new models, when confronted with challenges
- Willing to work in a large team and travel frequently to remote and isolated districts and villages
- Demonstrated commitment to gender equity, social inclusion and participatory approaches
- Diplomacy and a long term, forward thinking approach to working with government partners
- Leads from the front technically and sets positive examples for the team
- Openness to different ideas/attitudes
To perform the tasks well, this position requires a person who is able to stay and travel to the district and the remote areas in Samoui district, Saravan province.
This position will report to Project Manager.
Level of Contact with Children: High level
Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction
Mid contact: Occasional interaction with children
High level: Frequent interaction with children
Expectation of your Child Protection/ ຄວາມຄາດຫວັງຂອງອົງການ ກ່ຽວກັບການປົກປ້ອງເດັກ
- Read, understand and comply with the Child Protection policy and Local Procedure/ອ່ານ, ເຂົ້າໃຈ ແລະ ປະຕິບັດຕາມນະໂຍບາຍການປົກປ້ອງເດັກ ແລະ ແລະ ຂັ້ນຕອນການປົກປ້ອງເດັກພາຍໃນລະບຽບການທ້ອງຖີ່ນ.
- Seek any clarifications you may have related to the policy/ສອບຖາມຕື່ມ ເພື່ອໃຫ້ຕົນເອງເຂົ້າໃຈແຈ້ງກ່ຽວກັບນະໂຍບາຍ
- Report any Child Protection Issues to CHIAs immediately (within 24 hrs). – Reporting must be done to a manager/Country Child protection Focal Point/ຕ້ອງລາຍງານທຸກຯບັນຫາກ່ຽວກັບການປົກປ້ອງເດັກ (ພາຍໃນ 24 ຊົ່ວໂມງ). ຕ້ອງລາຍງານໃຫ້ຫົວໜ້າສາຍງານ ຫລື ຜູ້ຮັບຜິດຊອບວຽກປົກປ້ອງເດັກຂອງສະມາຄົມ
Expectation of Gender Equality/ຄວາມຄາດຫວັງຂອງອົງການກ່ຽວກັບຄວາມສະເໜີພາບດ້ານບົດບາດຍິງຊາຍ
- Contribute to an organizational/project culture that promotes gender equality/ ປະກອບສ່ວນເຂົ້າໃນການເຜີຍແຜ່ຄວາມສະເໜີພາບດ້ານບົດບາດຍິງຊາຍຂອງອົງການ/ໂຄງການ
- Demonstrates positive attitudes towards gender equality at all time both in their professional and private lives/ສະແດງໃຫ້ເຫັນທັດສະນະດ້ານບວກກ່ຽວກັບຄວາມສະເໜີພາບດ້ານບົດບາດຍິງຊາຍ ທັງໃນເວລາເຮັດວຽກ ແລະ ໃນຊິວິດປະຈຳວັນ
- Avoid gender stereotypes and sexist language in the workplace, and never engages in any form of gender – based violence/ຫລີກລ້ຽງກ່ຽວກັບການນຳໃຊ້ ຄຳສັບ ສຽດສີທາງເພດ ແບບບໍ່ເໝາະສົມໃນສະຖານທີ່ເຮັດວຽກ ແລະ ບໍ່ໃຫ້ກ່ຽວຂ້ອງກັບທຸກຮູບແບບຕໍ່ຄວາມຮຸນແຮງດ້ານບົດບາດຍິງຊາຍ.
Mr. Viengakhone Souriyo
Director of CHIAs
Date approved by:
24 August 2023
📌 How to Apply: For those who are interested, please submit your applications by sending a cover letter, resume or CV, graduation certificate (including grades), and any relevant work certificates via email to: Phoutthakone.firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at phone number: +856 20 52 562 061. Alternatively, you can visit the office of the Community Health and inclusion Association (CHIAs) located at Nongbon Village (in front of the Japanese Embassy), Chaisetha District, Vientiane Capital.
➡️ Application Submission Details: Documents will be accepted during office hours from 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM in the morning and from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM in the afternoon. The application window opens on 14/09/2023 and closes on 25/09/2023. Only candidates meeting the interview criteria will be contacted.