ADPWL is dedicated to realizing the fundamental human rights of sex workers in Laos. We envision a Laos where sex workers’ self-determination is respected within an environment free from stigma, discrimination, and violence, and where all marginalized communities enjoy equal respect and protection of their rights, status, and dignity. We strive for a social order free from discrimination based on class, gender, religion, or occupation to cultivate the conditions necessary for Laotian people to live in peace and recover from the conflicts of the lute 20th century.
To realize the full protection and expression of sex workers’ rights, ADPWL works towards the following key goals:
• Empower and mobilize sex workers to take collective action for their rights
• Promote, respect, and protect the fundamental human, health, and labor rights of sex workers
• End stigma, discrimination, and violence against sex workers in all its forms
• Develop partnerships and collaborations with key allies and stakeholders to meet the needs and advocate for the priorities of sex workers
• Advocate with decision-makers and stakeholders to remove structural barriers to sex workers’ rights, with full decriminalization and reform of all forms of legal oppression
• Undertake community-driven research to develop an evidence-base to advocate for rights-based policies, programs, and services impacting sex worker communities.
Year of establishment:
Women and Disadvontage people like sex workers Network: Member of Asia Pacific Network of sex workers (APNSW) and Global Network of Sex Workers
- Education & Sports ,
- Labour, Disability & Social Protection ,
- Public Health
- Vientiane Capital